HEADER - Web

Home About Me Tutorials Recipes Grab a Button Contact Shop Image Map

Friday, December 13, 2013

DIY Popsicle Stick Snowflakes


Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas around our apartment! I love putting up our decorations and making the place look like elves live with us, the animals love it too! Our hallway was looking a little bare so I decided to make some popsicle stick snowflakes to hang on two of the doors. I love how they turned out and will definitely be making more for around the house, I'm thinking some will even be red! 

The nice thing about these snowflakes is you can leave them up after Christmas ends so your house doesn't feel so bare and dull. I always get sad when I have to put my Christmas decorations away, so I am all about the "transition" decorations. Want to make some of your own? Read on!

You will Need: 


- Popsicle Sticks (I used 24 for the small snowflake and 36 for the large snowflake)
- Paint or Spray Paint of your color choice
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Ribbon, Nail, and a Hammer to hang

Directions:


1. Paint or spray paint your popsicle sticks the color of your choosing.

2. After your popsicle sticks have dried, begin gluing the sticks together to form your snowflake design.

3. Once completed, cut a piece of ribbon and use it to hang your snowflakes where you want them displayed. You could even just use a nail if you are hanging them on the wall!

And that's all you need to do to create you very own popsicle stick snowflakes! Here are my finished products.



If you need more inspiration for snowflake designs check out these pins from my Pinterest Christmas board.





Be sure to grab my button and link up your own popsicle stick snowflakes below! ;)

The Upstairs Crafter




No comments:

Post a Comment